USA Technologies has launched ePort Generation Eight and ePort Edge which offer cashless transaction solutions for unattended point of sale appliances, such as vending or laundry machines.
The Generation Eight integrates a new quad-band radio, contactless card reader with the traditional swipe card process and also provides the same benefits as the ePort G7 but at a lower price. The ePort Edge has been re-engineered into a one piece design developed specifically for those in the vending industry who want a magnetic swipe-only cashless system.
USA Technologies’ new ePort G8 accepts both traditional magnetic stripe credit cards and credit cards with tap-and-go technology, including contactless cards from MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover.
Some of the G8’s new features include:
– A newly designed control unit that is 65% smaller than the previous ePort G7. This makes the G8 easier to install and compatible with a wider variety of unattended point of sale devices.
– Improved design features, including universal mounting, preassembled cables and plug in antenna, which facilitate even faster installation and activation.
– Over the air (OTA) update capability.
The ePort Edge marks the company’s first redesign of this device in nearly a decade. This slimmed down design is built on a new hardware and software platform enabling some of the ePort Edge’s new features that include:
– One piece design (card reader and processor combined) that enable magnetic swipe card transactions.
– Faster transaction processing due to a more powerful processor.
– Over the air update capability.