Shuttle Computer Group and ScholarChip have partnered to create a new kiosk that can help school administrators to monitor student and staff attendance.
ScholarChip’s Safety and Operations System will now leverage Shuttle’s X50 all-in-one computer, and together with ScholarChip’s software and accessories, has created a portable, multi-purpose kiosk that captures attendance at a rate more than 40 students per minute.
The kiosk features two screens that display student photos as their contactless ID card is waved over the card reader. With its built-in printer, the kiosk can also create temporary IDs and late passes. When connected to a network, the kiosk enables attendance to be monitored in real time.
The kiosks can be configured to generate audio and visual alerts for students notifying them of open attendance or discipline issues, and they can display a student-specific message issued by school administrators, a tool used for timely intervention.
With additional hardware, the kiosk can also capture visitor information and issue visitor passes. Wall-mounted kiosks are also available, with schools able to use the kiosks for a variety of attendance functions including:
- Real-time building attendance.
- Student entry and egress reporting.
- Exception alerts and student-specific messaging.
- Late arrival automation and late pass generation.
- Temporary student ID generation.
- Cafeteria entry monitoring.
- Large group and event attendance.
- Staff entry and egress reporting and time clock functionality.