Every campus card needs a revamp from time to time, and at the University of Oregon students are getting the chance to have their design don the front of the new campus card.
Per an official release from Oregon University, the Division of Student Life and the campus card office are giving students a chance to submit their designs for the new aesthetic. Student proposals are being accepted for the new name of the card, as well, either as part of a card redesign or as a standalone proposal.
Oregon has laid out a set of rules and guidelines for the student contest, including:
- Entrants must be University of Oregon student
- Designs or names cannot contain trademarked material
- All required elements — name, date, photo and UO logo — must be included in the design
- All design elements must be on the front of the card
- Design can be vertical or horizontal
- Design must have a full bleed off the card edges
- Text must be clearly legible with sufficient contrast from the background
- Designs must follow university brand and color standards, found at brand.uoregon.edu/logo-system
- Limit five entries per person
- Contest judges cannot mentor or help with submissions
- Names of entrants will be hidden from judges
The deadline for entries is November 2, and all entries will be sent to the university’s Student Life Marketing and Communications in PDF format. The blank card template above shows the elements that need to be included in all entries, but the arrangement and any additional design elements is up to the entrant.
A panel of judges will review and choose a winner in November, with all participants being notified when the winner has been selected. The new design will be implemented starting fall 2016.