A new initiative established by The National Association of Campus Card Users has brought about hundreds of new and valuable member resources. Over the span of ten weeks this summer, NACCU members were invited to share documents and images on the NACCU website by uploading them to “The Vault” – a newly branded identity for NACCU’s member resource libraries.
Each week, institutional members received an invitation to share a specific type of resource, and by the end of the event NACCU members had submitted a total 484 new resources, including:
- Card designs
- Card program logos
- Marketing materials
- Job descriptions
- Cardholder agreements
- Confidentiality agreements
- Mission and vision statements
- Strategic plans
- Card office forms and policies
- Floor plans and card office photos
- Website links
- Card usage photos
Keeping with the unspoken, members-helping-members spirit that makes the Association so successful, these uploaded files are now available to all NACCU members to use as resources and reference points for projects on their respective campuses. The newly shared materials can be found on the NACCU website under the “Resources” tab.
Now that the initial batch of documents has been shared the Association is keen to keep the momentum going, and has offered the following suggestions to help accomplish that aim:
- If you see a post on the NACCU listserv asking for the resources above, or posting about a project related to these resources, please direct the poster to The Vault.
- If someone attaches a document to a post on the listserv, please ask them to upload it to The Vault, or contact Crystal at [email protected] to reach out to them.
- Remember to submit any new forms, policies, or resources developed on your campus that may help others.
- If members from other schools in your user or regional groups are looking for the resources available in The Vault, please tell them about NACCU and direct them to our website. Remember – if they haven’t been a member previously or within the past 3 years, they may qualify for a 3-month trial membership.
- Finally, if you have ideas for new file library categories or pages within The Vault, contact Crystal at [email protected]
Participants in the Open the Vault event were also entered to win weekly prizes. The following NACCU members were randomly selected for their efforts:
- Tracey Gillespie
- Christina Mosakowski
- Maggie McCarthy
- Paula Schleppenbach
- Kari Zella
- Corry Moore
- Ashley Masso
- Maera Bradberry
- Tammy Olp
- Lynn Mayo
In addition, a random drawing from a pool of participants who shared something for every week of the event was chosen to win the grand prize: an Amazon Echo. The Grand Prize winner was Christina Mosakowski from the University of Las Vegas.
For more, be sure to check out The Vault and all the great materials that have been shared there.