Montclair State University has announced the arrival of its new campus app, NEST Mobile. The app is available for iOS and Android devices that enables users to view all the same resources that were previously available on the desktop version of NEST.
Features included in the NEST app are intended to make academic life easier to manage for Montclair students and include:
- An interactive campus map complete with the ability to plot directions to all important buildings on campus.
- The latest Red Hawk News articles including deadline information, campus events and more.
- Access to the campus event calendar with the ability to add any event to your smartphone’s calendar.
- Access to the academic calendar.
- Announcements and notifications that can be pushed directly to your phone if notifications are enabled.
- Access to emergency contacts such as university police and the university health center.
- A mobile-friendly faculty directory where you can instantly find contact information for any faculty or staff member.
- Links to HawkSync and Canvas.
- Access to the other university applicaitons including the Rave Guardian safety app and Rave Alerts.
Certain features and functions included in the new app require students to log in with a University NetID and password, including:
- Access to course schedules for the current semester along with faculty and room information.
- Access to final semester grades for fall 2016 and all future semesters.
- Instant access to NEST pages for financial aid and student accounts.
- Instant access to the university’s Degree Works to view Academic Audit and past semester grade information.
More features are expected to be added to NEST in the near future based on the campus community’s feedback.