HID Global introduced a new line of direct-to-card FARGO printer/encoders. The new product line is made up of three models designed to meet the needs of small organizations to global enterprises. This is the first new line of printers introduced since HID purchased Fargo.
The line consists of the DTC1000 entry-level printer for small organizations; the professional-level DTC4000 printer for small- to medium-size organizations with more security and scalability requirements; and the advanced, DTC4500 professional printer for large corporations and government organizations with high-volume needs, says Ryan Park, senior product marketing manager for secure issuance at HID.
Each of these printers comes with Swift ID, an embedded application that enables users to create their ID badge, Park says. After plugging the printer into a computer via a USB or Ethernet cable and installing the printer drivers a user can access the application through a Web browser to design the badge.
The DTC FARGO line is also modular in design and enables organizations to add functionality as their needs grow. Depending on the printer model, options include technology card encoding—iCLASS, Mifare, DESFire—dual-sided printing, dual-input card hoppers, lamination capability and more.
Additional features of the new FARGO DTC printer/encoders include:
- The capability to print and inline encode technology cards in one pass through one physical connection (USB or Ethernet)
- Enhanced security features, including printer password protection, fluorescent printing for cost effective and dynamic security and multiple custom holographic overlaminate options for added card durability and security
- Flexible footprint to fit a variety work-area configurations
- A intuitive design that requires minimal maintenance and training, featuring cartridge ribbon loading, color status indicators and SmartScreen graphical displays similar to photocopy machines
- Interoperability with Genuine HID technology guaranteeing compatibility with all HID solutions
- Two-year global warranty
The 1000 is priced at $2299, the 4000 is $2899 and the 4500 is $3199. All DTC printer/encoders are available immediately through HID Global’s network of distribution partners and system integrators.