HID Global and Plasco ID are providing ID card issuance solutions to Dayton Public Schools in Ohio. With more than 30 buildings serving 15,000 students, the school district is moving to a simple, standardized ID issuance system that is also designed to streamline the process of checking in tardy students.
The solution has come in the form of new visual security elements on multipurpose ID cards. HID Global’s FARGO DTC4500 printer/encoder, together with Asure ID software and Plasco ID’s PlascoTrac solution, expects to simplify school ID issuance and expedite the processing of tardy students by up to 60%.
Plasco ID will provide its automated student management system, PlascoTrac, while HID Global will provide its FARGO DTC4500 card printer/encoder and chipless ID cards. Also included is AsureID’s Enterprise card personalization software, which is used to create customized student ID cards with high-quality photos and other visual security elements.
Benefits of the new system include:
- High-volume, high-speed printing: Campus officials can now print all student ID cards within the first week of each new school term with uniform quality, design and durability. Officials can also instantly issue individual cards for new enrollees or replace lost cards as needed.
- Cost and time savings: Deployment required a low capital investment, and the system was easy to set up and use with minimal operator training.
- Adaptability: The field-upgradeable DTC4500 printer/encoder can be modified to fit new requirements as the district’s ID system changes and evolves.
- Versatility: Asure ID enterprise software simplifies the process of card design, data entry and badge creation. Asure ID also automates synchronization of ID badges and attendance data with student records using the software’s LiveLink capability and the PlascoTrac Data Exchange Modules.
- Simplified attendance management: Using PlascoTrac, school officials can scan the IDs of tardy students and immediately print a tardy pass.