Heartland Payment Systems Campus Solutions division has recruited 12 higher education districts and campuses totaling 20 different colleges to manage the schools’ financial aid disbursement services utilizing Heartland’s Acceluraid electronic disbursement product.
“Available as a standalone solution or integrated with Heartland’s complete campus OneCard system, Acceluraid simplifies a campus’ refund process by eliminating paper checks,” said Ron Farmer, executive director of Heartland’s campus solutions. Acceluraid also provides faster access to financial aid funds without charging pin debit and other fees, added Farmer.
Representing more than 110,000 enrolled students and nearly $290 million in annual financial aid refunds, these colleges include:
- North Central Missouri College
- Mississippi Delta Community College
- Northwest Florida State College
- Pittsburgh Technical Institute
- Emmanuel College, Georgia
- Nash Community College, North Carolina
- Mineral Area College, Missouri
- Southern Union State Community College, Ala.
- Peirce College, Penn.
- Aims Community College, Colo.
- Ottawa University, Kansas, Indiana, Wisconsin and Arizona
- Alamo Community College District in Texas (Southwest Campus, San Antonio College, Palo Alto College, St. Philip’s College, Northeast Lakeview College, Northwest Vista College)
Students have a dedicated Web site to access information and transaction history concerning their school-branded Discover prepaid debit card issued by Oklahoma-based Central National Bank.
Upon activation, students’ financial aid funds are automatically deposited to the card and they can then use their funds anywhere Discover is accepted.