In episode four of our Technology and the Evolution of Campus Dining series with Grubhub, we speak with George Kuzma, Vice President for Business Development, Gourmet Dining about some of the technologies that are changing the campus dining experience.
The company operates all across the northeast and is implementing some of the latest in food service technologies, including Grubhub mobile ordering inside all-you-care-to-eat dining halls, ghost kitchens, as well as smart lockers for order pickup.
Gourmet Dining is a family-owned business in New Jersey that has focused on dining services solutions for higher education for the past 30 years. The company’s work with Grubhub has enabled Gourmet Dining to provide its campus clients with the latest in dining services technology.
Rowan University, one of Gourmet Dining’s campus partners, has gone 100% mobile ordering — well prior to the arrival of COVID — with the help of the Gourmet Dining team. Leveraging the Grubhub Ultimate platform, the move to mobile order only at Rowan has enabled more creativity and flexibility for students dining on campus.
In just the first week of mobile ordering at Rowan, 10,000 meal orders were placed via Grubhub, with 98% being mobile orders and the remaining 2% placed at self-service kiosks.
Check out the other episodes in the Technology and the Evolution of Campus Dining series:
- Episode 1: Ben Anderson, Head of Industry Relations, Grubhub Campus talks mobile ordering, ghost kitchens, and more
- Episode 2: Cam Schauff, Director of Campus Dining & Auxiliary Operations, U. of Rochester, on using Grubhub mobile ordering to solve post-pandemic challenges
- Episode 3: Kevin Steffes, Food and Nutrition Director, Carle Foundation Hospital, on how Grubhub helps underpin the hospital’s ghost kitchen
- Episode 4: George Kuzma, Vice President for Business Development, Gourmet Dining, on the technologies that are reforming the campus dining experience
- Episode 5: Angelo Mojica, Senior Director of Food and Culinary Services, Johns Hopkins Health System, on mobile ordering in hospital cafeterias
- Episode 6: Casey Witherow, Food Service Retail Manager, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, on how mobile ordering is redefining food service for patients and staff.