CBORD announced the release of CS Gold version 7. Colleges and universities around the world use CS Gold to power a range of student services including dining, spending, security and more.
Version 7 marks a number of technology upgrades, in addition to many new features designed to achieve operational efficiencies improve student services and address the growing need to tie those services to student success.
Some of these updates include:
- Residence hall visitor management: Improve security with a web-based feature makes it easy for students to register guests in advance, as well as for desk attendants to stay informed about guest statuses.
- Room reservations: Make campus special-use rooms — music practice rooms and meeting rooms — easier to reserve and accurately report on their usage. Students and other patrons can reserve rooms online and check in and out using online access readers.
- Business intelligence dashboard: Reduce complexity and get the information necessary make informed decisions about student services and business operations.
- Automate access privileges: CS Gold version 7 supports active director (LDAP) integration for automated access assignments. This is designed to make it easy to assign access privileges based on information such as housing assignment and other tasks with no human intervention required.
- Wireless Thermostat Control: Enable patrons to control and monitor their thermostats using a web app from a desktop or from any mobile device.
CS Gold version 7 also provides upgrades in server technologies, supporting Windows 2012 R2, Oracle 12c (now with Linux option), Microsoft clustering, and Crystal 2013.