It is that time of year, time for the annual conference of the National Association of Campus Card Users (NACCU). This year’s conference is on February 23-27 at the John Ascuaga Nugget Resort in Reno, Nevada. If you are implementing a new campus card program or looking to expand an existing program, NACCU 2002 is a great place to be.
NACCU attendees will have a variety of new features and events to consider. On Sunday twelve vendors will participate in “Sales Pitch Sunday,” taking 45 minutes each to present their products and ideas. It should provide a great format for comparing the product offerings and philosophies of the participating vendors.
Monday will bring the opening of the exhibit hall with more than 30 vendor displays. The educational sessions run Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday in five unique tracks:
- Technology – mag stripe, smart chip, biometrics, TCP/IP
- Business – techniques and ideas for growing your ID card program and your business
- Marketing & Innovations – the key to a successful program and one-stop shopping, medical addition to your one- card system, issuing additional cards
- Beginners – basic information for those new to the campus card industry
- Gold – new products, services, innovations from NACCU’s Gold Corporate Members
Our CR80News Editor, Chris Corum, will present a session on Tuesday, February 26 at 4:00 pm. The title of the presentation is, “Show Me Something That I Can Actually Use! Merging Exciting New Technology Into Your Existing System.” The session will explore new technologies that can be put to use with an existing card program without requiring a massive investment or the replacement of an existing system or vendor. Participants will discuss and play with a number of these exciting new devices exploring potential campus applications.
If you cannot make it to Reno, CR80News will be there covering the event for you. Look for our report in the March issue and coverage of breaking news in the CR80News Weekly Digest.
For more information on NACCU 2002, visit www.naccu.org.